+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Choice] Randolph or Colby-Saywer?

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Default [Choice] Randolph or Colby-Saywer?

Xin chào các anh chị!
    Vì apply rất muộn nên đến sáng sớm hôm qua em mới nhận được tin từ CSC, còn trước đấy 3 tuần thì đã được Randolph nhận. Hơi buồn là cả 2 đều yêu cầu em contribute khá cao, Randolph là 20k còn CSC là 18k Các anh chị có thể cho em lời khuyên là nên chọn trường nào được không ạ? Quan điểm của nhà em là bớt được đồng nào hay đồng đấy, với cả em cũng muốn 2 năm đầu cố gắng học để sau đấy xin transfer nhưng mà nghe nói là uy tín của giáo sư viết letter cho mình cũng rất quan trọng

Thanks

Mình nghĩ là rất khó để xin transfer từ 4-year college bạn ah. Sau khi đã settle down ở năm đầu, bạn có thể move off-campus hay work-study để giảm family contribution xuống. Bạn học major ji? Theo như mình nhớ, professor của Randolph dc đánh giá cao. Cũng sắp tới National Reply Date gòi, hi vọng bạn lựa chọn dc như ý.
    NOTHING SUCCEEDS LIKE SUCCESS!

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Colby-Sawyer

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tucr21 For This Useful Post:

rosey13 (05-01-2012), shuwenteo (05-10-2012)

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Colby-Sawyer College's world-class faculty and caring support staff present an exciting university-like education in a small college environment to highly motivated students by integrating the liberal arts with professional studies, learn more about studying at Colby-Sawyer at www.colby-sawyer.edu/international and see a photo of our internationals working in the school lab.

"I am a sophomore at CSC majoring in Biology and Philosophy. To prepare for a career in the biology field, it is important to have some lab research experiences in college. I have been working on a project with a junior student in the cell biology lab for more than a semester now. I always spend 4 to 6 hours per week in the lab doing experiments, data analysis and lab maintenance works. Our lab group also often goes to biological research symposiums together, presenting our work and learning about other people’s research. It has been a great experience for me because I learned a lot about scientific research, team working and dealing with challenges.
    "

-Vigil Yu, China

Last edited by shuwenteo; 05-10-2012 at 05:38 PM.

VietAbroader
    Thanks

We want you to hear more why current Colby-Sawyer international students chose this prestigious school:

“We are a small liberal arts school dedicated to hands on
    learning and academic mentoring, sustainability and global
    perspectives. I was able to engage in clubs, study abroad and
    participate in an internship that focused on career
    preparedness.”

Abhiyan Thapaliya, Business Major ’13, Nepal

“The school offers generous scholarships and need-based aid
    to international students. Our inclusive community has 8%
    international diversity, a Cross Cultural Club, international
    suites for living and of course the International Festival is a
    favorite!”

Harinder Singh, Business Major ’12, India

“The application process is simple and the International
    Admissions Office helps international students every step of
    the way. You can apply at any point for fall or spring
    semesters.”

Thinn Thinn, Sociology Major ’14, Myanmar

Thanks

lol this Colby-Sawyer college seems to really know how to sell itself. I'm surprised at the growing Vietnamese-student community at CSC, and happy for you, but you guys are kinda pushing it. Posts like the ones by shuwenteo would make people (like me at least) develop a negative impression toward your school.

To the original poster, my best advice is go where you like better - do some research on what to expect at each school. If money is really a problem, go where is cheaper.
    But if you can, take a year off and reapply next year [to where you love]. It's quite hard to go to school with a mind full of financial burden. And trust me, it is even harder if you don't love the school. If you're determined to leave for school however, be prepared to face great challenges ahead.

Personally, I'd choose Randolph but it's just me.
    Last edited by Ivan; 05-12-2012 at 03:09 AM.
    Thought of you as my mountain top.
    Thought of you as my peak.
    Thought of you as everything.

The fact that you are married,
    only proves, you're my best friend.
    But it's truly, truly a sin.

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    lol this Colby-Sawyer college seems to really know how to sell itself. I'm surprised at the growing Vietnamese-student community at CSC, and happy for you, but you guys are kinda pushing it. Posts like the ones by shuwenteo would make people (like me at least) develop a negative impression toward your school.

To the original poster, my best advice is go where you like better - do some research on what to expect at each school. If money is really a problem, go where is cheaper.
    But if you can, take a year off and reapply next year [to where you love]. It's quite hard to go to school with a mind full of financial burden. And trust me, it is even harder if you don't love the school. If you're determined to leave for school however, be prepared to face great challenges ahead.

Personally, I'd choose Randolph but it's just me.
    CSC has an edge over Randolph due to its close proximity to Boston. We also have top notch ski and SIFE teams. Based on acceptance rates, CSC is actually more selective than Randolph (90%)....if selectivity means anything. Overall, admissions was tougher this year than ever before, so getting into CSC can make you proud of what you’ve done and everything you’ve accomplished...nuff said! lol
    Last edited by shuwenteo; 05-13-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shuwenteo View Post
    CSC has an edge over Randolph due to its close proximity to Boston. We also have top notch ski and SIFE teams. Based on acceptance rates, CSC is actually more selective than Randolph (90%)....if selectivity means anything. Overall, admissions was tougher this year than ever before, so getting into CSC can make you proud of what you’ve done and everything you’ve accomplished...nuff said! lol
    lol The funny thing is that I never said a word about which school was better.
    Thought of you as my mountain top.
    Thought of you as my peak.
    Thought of you as everything.

The fact that you are married,
    only proves, you're my best friend.
    But it's truly, truly a sin.

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    lol The funny thing is that I never said a word about which school was better.
    Colby-Sawyer had the highest number of May 1 deposits in the history of the college. That means on May 2 we implemented a wait list!

15 countries are currently represented in the deposit pool. New countries of note include: Mozambique, New Zealand, Macedonia, Uganda, Kenya and Ethiopia.

Look forward to welcoming the Class of 2016 to campus!

Voldemort90
    Thanks

em mà đi Randolph thì nhắn anh. Anh có đứa em họ sắp đi 15 tháng 8 mà chưa tìm được người đi cùng (qmle.2010@business.smu.edu.sg)

thanks em

cheers,

VietAbroader
    Thanks

When you visit campus you may notice the signs for Gordon Research. CSC has hosted Gordon Research Conferences each summer since 1947, and this past weekend GRC returned once more – we are thrilled to be host yet again!

The Gordon Research Conferences provide an international forum for the presentation and discussion of frontier research in the biological, chemical and physical sciences, and their related technologies.

http://www.grc.org/home.aspx

VietAbroader
    Thanks

The Graduate Report for the Class of 2011 just came our way - we are psyched for our new young alums - within 6 months 78% of respondents were employed and 20% headed to graduate school! http://fb.me/14UYPwDUj

Last edited by shuwenteo; 06-08-2012 at 03:52 AM.

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Deposited students....We can't wait to welcome you in the fall....

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Where are the students in the Class of 2016 from? Check it out.
    CA, CT, IL, MA, MD, ME, MO, NH, NJ, NY, OR, PA, RI, TX, VT, China, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Mozambique, Nepal, Paraguay, Switzerland, Uganda and Vietnam. http://fb.me/1Sku9qRdU

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Green light over Colgate!

VietAbroader
    Thanks

CSC International Student: Julia Ye Zhu

CSC Chinese Travelers

VietAbroader
    Thanks

CSC International Students!

VietAbroader
    Thanks

We have 68 Likes to go before reaching 15,000! Thanks to our fans!

http://www.facebook.com/CSCAdmissions

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Flags up! REPRESENT! Colby-Sawyer is 32 countries strong for the fall! http://instagr.am/p/NTsXXAkH3d/ http://fb.me/1dDNjhK35

+ Reply to Thread