[Capstone Vietnam] Seeking Vietnam Country Coordinator for Kansas State University
Position Description: Vietnam Country Coordinator, Kansas State University (International Academic Center)
Supervisors: Director, International Admissions & Recruiting, Kansas State University; Managing
Director, Capstone Vietnam
Salary & Benefits: Highly Competitive
Capstone Vietnam seeks an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced professional to fill the position of Vietnam Country Coordinator for Kansas State University. This individual will lead the way in promoting this university all three regions of Vietnam. While the incumbent will report to Kansas State University, s/he will be employed by Capstone Vietnam.
Kansas State University is recognized by the Princeton Review as one of America’s best colleges, and U.S. News & World Report lists the university among the top 75 public universities in the U.S. Kansas State University is implementing an aggressive plan to become a top 50 public research university by 2025.
Some Quick Facts about K-State
- Colleges: agriculture; architecture, planning and design; arts and sciences; business administration; education; engineering; human ecology; technology and aviation; and veterinary medicine.
- Degrees: More than 250 undergraduate majors and options are available.
- Graduate study: The Graduate School offers 65 master's degrees, 45 doctoral degrees and 22 graduate certificates in multiple disciplines across campus.
- Students: More than 23,800 from all 50 states and more than 90 countries.
- Kansas State University is a national leader among public universities in the total number of Rhodes, Marshall, Truman, Goldwater and Udall prestigious scholarship winners. The university is home to more national CASE/Carnegie Professors of the Year than any other public research university in America
The International Academic Center (IAC) is a unique offshore development model for U.S. and other foreign institutions of higher education. It is a shared facility that serves as a home base and an incubator from which to promote an institution’s programs and services in Vietnam, and even regionally. The IAC is managed by Capstone Vietnam, a Hanoi-based human resource development company founded by Dr. Mark Ashwill, former country director of the Institute of International Education in Vietnam.
- Locations: The main campus is located in Manhattan, Kansas. The Little Apple is a classic college town with more than 52,000 residents. The university also has campuses in Salina and Olathe.
Duties and Responsibilities (based on a 44 hour work week)
The successful applicant will have the following responsibilities:
- Administration (25%)
- Translate promotional materials
- Develop a Vietnamese website for K-State
- On- and offline office hours
- Meetings with students/parents/alumni/partners
- Identify other opportunities for K-State in Vietnam
- Outreach (50%)
- Design and implement ongoing marketing activities
- Develop partnerships with a select group of high schools and universities
- Prepare and deliver on- and offsite information sessions at high schools, universities, etc.
- Participate in US and overseas higher education fairs and other recruitment events
- Help to implement an alumni outreach strategy
- Monitor activities of education agents (if applicable)
- Marketing and Promotion (25%)
- Develop and coordinate marketing strategies to promote K-State in Vietnam
- Design, implement, and monitor on- and offline marketing activities
- Update and oversee the production of existing and new promotional materials
- Participate in interviews with local media
§ In addition your formal supervisory relationships, you will be working on a regular basis with Capstone staff, including the deputy director, accountant and office manager.
- Other tasks, as assigned by K-State’s director of international admissions & recruiting and Capstone’s managing director
- Bachelor’s degree; MA preferred
- At least two years of relevant professional experience
- Fluency in English
- A solid understanding of the U.S. higher education system.
- Good computer skills (e.g., MS Office)
- Demonstrated management experience and skills
- Marketing experience
To apply, send your letter of application and an up-to-date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please put “Vietnam Country Coordinator” in the subject line of your message.) In your application letter, please provide writing samples in English and Vietnamese, as well as examples from your previous working experience to demonstrate how you meet the competencies described in the job description. If you have any questions, please call 04-3938-8455.
- Detailed-oriented and the ability to work in a fast-paced multitasking environment
- Flexibility, initiative and good problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and cross-cultural skills
- Commitment to the mission of Kansas State University and Capstone Vietnam
- Vietnamese national
The application deadline is 20 July 2012.