Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guidance For Airline Passengers

VietAbroader
    Thanks

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/pres...elease_0976.xml

Press Releases

Fact Sheet: Guidance For Airline Passengers

Raised Threat Levels:

The U.S. threat level is raised to Severe, or Red, for all commercial flights flying from the United Kingdom to the United States.
    The U.S. threat level is raised to High, or Orange, for all commercial aviation operating in the United States, including international flights. Flights from the United States to the United Kingdom are also Orange.

Increased Aviation Screening Procedures:

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is implementing a series of security measures, some visible and some not visible, to ensure the security of the traveling public and the nation's transportation system.

TSA is immediately implementing the following changes to airport screening procedures:

No liquids or gels of any kind will be permitted in carry on baggage. such items must be in checked baggage. This includes all beverages, shampoo, sun tan lotion, creams, tooth paste, hair gel, and other items of similar consistency.

Exceptions: Baby formula and medicines, which must be presented for inspection at the checkpoint.

Beverages purchased in the boarding area, beyond the checkpoint, must be consumed before boarding because they will not be permitted onboard the aircraft.

Passengers traveling from the United Kingdom to the United States will be subject to a more extensive screening process.

These measures will be constantly evaluated and updated as circumstances warrant.

How every passenger can assist in security:

Pack lightly, without clutter to facilitate easier screening
    Arrive earlier than usual at the airport
    Cooperate with TSA personnel at checkpoints and with airline personnel at all gates
    Be attentive and vigilant to any suspicious activity and report it to authorities

Increased Border Protection Procedures:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection will increase enforcement efforts in international arrival areas including the use of advanced targeting tools, special response teams including baggage and aircraft search teams, baggage x-ray equipment, specially-trained canine units, and explosive detection technology.

DHS has also mandated that all flights from the United Kingdom transmit passenger manifest information for intensive screening prior to departure from the gate. In addition, passengers on these flights and all other international flights will be subject to heightened inspection upon arrival in the United States.

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Vũ, what does your signature say???

Thanks

Mình cuối tháng nay là đi rồi. Đã có ai đi trước và gặp rắc rối gì chưa. Mọi người truyền lại kinh nghiệm cho nhau nhé
    Btw, có người bảo là được cất liquid vào suitcase, có người bảo không. Cái nào đúng vậy
    <br /><font size="6"><font color="red"><u><b>New VA members, dont know where to start? <a href="http://vietabroader.org/vapedia/" target="_blank">VAPedia</a></b></u></font></font>

Administrator
    Thanks

All Flights Within The United States AND International Flights To/From The United States
    No liquids or gels of any kind will be permitted to pass security checkpoints or in carry-on baggage. This includes all beverages, shampoo, suntan lotion, creams, tooth paste, hair gel, perfumes and other items of similar consistency.

All liquid and gel items must be placed in checked baggage only. Customers may carry-on approved electronic devices such as personal computers, electronic games, and cell phones, except when traveling from or through the United Kingdom.

Exception: Baby formula or breast milk if a baby or small child is traveling; prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger&#39;s ticket; and insulin and essential other non-prescription medicines.

Passengers Transiting In The United Kingdom Only

All U.K. transiting passengers will be required to check any carry-on items they bring to the airport regardless of origination. Passengers who have already departed the U.S. and will be connecting in the U.K. will not be allowed to use the transit area within U.K. airports and will be routed back to the ticket counters to check their carry-on luggage.

All Flights Departing From The United Kingdom

All carry-on baggage must be processed as checked baggage for all flights departing from airports in the United Kingdom (U.K.). American Airlines will waive excess baggage charges through August 17, 2006, for those passengers who need to check their carry-on bags due to these new restrictions, up to a maximum of two excess pieces. All other baggage rules apply.

Nothing may be carried in passengers&#39; pockets. Passengers may only take the following items through the airport security checkpoint, in a single transparent plastic bag:

* pocket size wallets and pocket size purses plus contents (money, credit cards, identity cards, etc. but not handbags or purses)
    * travel documents essential for the journey (passports and travel tickets)
    * prescription medicines and medical items sufficient and essential for the flight (a diabetic kit for example), except in liquid form unless verified as authentic.
    * eye glasses and sunglasses, without cases
    * contact lens cases, without bottles of solution
    * for those traveling with an infant: baby food, milk (the contents of each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger) and sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight (wipes, creams, disposal bags)
    * female sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight, if unboxed
    * tissues (unboxed) and/or handkerchiefs
    * keys (but no electrical key fobs)

for more: http://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/ViewPromo...Content#summary

Thanks

My friend just got some trouble when he arrived at SF.
    He was " thoroughly scrutinized". The agents were "primarily interested in laptop computer and the CDs", especially pictures. They even checked USB too.

So everyone, plz be very carefully.
    <br /><font size="6"><font color="red"><u><b>New VA members, dont know where to start? <a href="http://vietabroader.org/vapedia/" target="_blank">VAPedia</a></b></u></font></font>

VietAbroader
    Thanks

ack ack, vậy Viet Anh tính sao?

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Okie. That means, If u fly from HCM to Taipei and from Taipei to Seattle, u can carry anything u like except for liquids or gels ?

Thanks

Well... if they can find out some illegal software and CDs from your bag then it will be a big trouble.
    (my friend was actually fine because he uses Mac notebook, no illegal software at all)

VietAbroader
    Thanks

What if they&#39;re in checked baggage?

Thanks

What the Heck? THEY CHECKED BOTH THE LAPTOP AND THE USB? That&#39;s... absurd&#33; >_<

Oh yeah, and I heard about the gel thing, it was because ofthat failed terror plot in UK that they started banning all kinds of bottles @_@ i think even water bottles >_< So don&#39;t bring anything with you ^^ but if I&#39;m not mistaken then bottles are allowed in the check in luggages.
    Guess what time it is - my time.
    You can check your I phone, better say it’s I time.
    I don’t even need a watch, I don’t even see a clock.
    Soon as a I walk in, it feel like me o’clock.

Thanks

Yep, laptop as carry-on. But they checked both suitcases and carry-on anyway.

VietAbroader
    Thanks

deleted

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Okie, that means u can&#39;t bring "illegal CDs" even when u put them in checked suitcase ? No way&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; That means, no music, no dramas, no movies? I&#39;m gonna die&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I bought lots of movies and dramas already&#33; Who would buy the legal with the tribled price in VN? Sux**&#33;

Thanks

the tribled price in VN
    is it really just tripled?
    As I said above, probably, they just checked randomly. But we still have to be careful right....

VietAbroader
    Thanks

What do U mean to be careful? Yesterday I bought a bunch of "maybe illegal" softwares on Ly Nam De street that I would have to buy in the US with 100-time-prices. Possibly, I will have to throw all of them away. That&#39;s weird and unjust.

VietAbroader
    Thanks

okie, a....20bled (wat is the word for that?).

VietAbroader
    Thanks

If checked, besides being asked to discard our beloved CDs, approximately how much will we be fined?

VietAbroader
    Thanks

If checked, besides being asked to discard our beloved CDs, approximately how much will we be fined?

VietAbroader
    Thanks

hic. Last time, I brought a lot of CDs & DVDs, about >30. I put them in check-in suitcase. My cousin and friends are leaving on the 28th of August. If nothing happen to them, I&#39;ll...buy more and bring them all.

Talking about the fine, how much will we be fined for 1 CD ? Will they ask us to throw them away instead ?

^^
    Thanks

how would they know if it&#39;s illegal

VietAbroader
    Thanks

my laptop has illegal software (im trying not to sound proud abt it :p) , and they DID see my laptop but it was ok maybe security in euroupean airports is tighter..but i guess...for those coming from Vietnam, they&#39;re not gonna check ur USB.maybe that guy was unlucky
    not only liquid but also toothpaste, lotion are not allowed on board. You can put it in ur check in luggage

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Is everyone gonna bring illegal software CDs after this? If you are, in carry-on or checked baggage?

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Checked.
    I&#39;m not gonna leave all my beloved CDs and DVDs at home &#33; Never&#33;

Thanks

Tớ để một đống CDs ở trong luggage có bị sao đâu nhỉ

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Thế checked baggage có bị kiểm tra ko nhỉ?

^^
    Thanks

có, kiểm tra tất

Thanks

Mọi người ơi, có được mang ... ô mai không :p chắc mỳ tôm thì thoải mái nhỉ?

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Em cứ gói qua lớp giấy báo thì mang ô mai thoải mái...Mì tôm thì quá thoải mái rồi

Thanks

What about... Play Station 2 or Xbox games? All games in my DVD bag have really nice boxshot (very like official boxshot) and, the DVD is very look like legal too. Can I get through... or something?

Oh, someone mentioned that they even check the USB. Will they check if my USB is an 30GB Ipod Video (I&#39;m sure they all know that open an Ipod HDD is not easy like USB, oh, and the driver, and the connecting cable) ?

Thanks

bây giờ qua Anh chất lỏng ko mang theo người nhưng để trong hành lý có đc ko ạ? Có ai biết là cháu confirm thông tin này bằng cách nào được ạ?
    kiểu lotion, perfume... hic.. sang đấy mua lại đắt lắm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast