+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scholarships from Fastweb

Thanks

There are a bunch of scholarships from Fastweb that I subscribe to.

You guys may want to check it out if you're eligible for them!

~G'luck

Tylenol Brand Scholarship Fund
    Provided by: TYLENOL Brand Scholarship Fund
    Deadline: September 30, 2007
    Award Amount
    Minimum: $1000
    Maximum: $5000 Awards Available
    170 Type of Award
    Scholarship

Website
    http://scholarship.tylenol.com
    Description
    The Tylenol Brand Scholarship Fund is open to undergraduate and graduate students who will be attending an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the fall of 2006. You must intend to major in a health-related field and demonstrate leadership in community and school activities to be eligible for this award. You must also use the following access key: TYLN
    Additional Information
    Please visit the sponsor's Web site for additional information.
    Applicable Majors
    Health-Related Fields

DuPont Challenge Science Essay Competition
    Provided by: DuPont Challenge - Science Essay Awards Program
    Deadline: February 12, 2007
    Award Amount
    Minimum: $
    Maximum: $1500 Awards Available
    Varies Type of Award
    Essay

Website
    http://www.glcomm.com/dupont/
    Description
    The DuPont Challenge Science Essay Awards is open to students in grades seven to nine (Junior Division) and grades ten to twelve (Senior Division) who are attending a public or non-public school in the United States or Canada. You must submit an essay between 700 and 1,000 words in length that discusses a scientific or technological development, event or theory that has captured your interest and attention. The essay must be original, unpublished and written in English.
    Additional Information
    Please visit the DuPont Web site provided for additional information and an entry form. Please do NOT contact the sponsor as all information and forms are available on the Web site.
    Applicable Majors
    Science
    <br /><font size="6"><font color="red"><u><b>New VA members, dont know where to start? <a href="http://vietabroader.org/vapedia/" target="_blank">VAPedia</a></b></u></font></font>

VietAbroader
    Thành Phố Hồ Chí Minh, Việt Nam, Địa Cầu, Thái Dương Hệ
    Thanks

Sadly, most of the scholarships from fastweb are eligible for U.S. citizens only. I got nominated for the USNMA, a math scholarship in high school; however, I thought they would not give awards to foreigners so I threw it away.

Thanks

+ There will be an application for COLLEGE MATTERS SCHOLARSHIP soon in January. This scholarship is eligible for international students.
    + Does someone here see the advertisement of the WORDS CHAMPION COMPETITION?

Thanks

Yeah, I agree that most of the scholarship are available for domestic applicants only, but some of them stated that if we attend a US college/uni, we can be eligible as their requirements. So, don&#39;t give up yet and look further into the one that you seem fit.

@SD: No, what about them?
    <br /><font size="6"><font color="red"><u><b>New VA members, dont know where to start? <a href="http://vietabroader.org/vapedia/" target="_blank">VAPedia</a></b></u></font></font>

Thanks

Originally posted by NTV@Jan 4 2007, 12:35 AM
    @SD: No, what about them?
    I do not know if they still let high school students register for the competition. However, you must need a very very good vocabulary (which is quite challenge for international students). Each school will have a team to compete... And the prize... &#036;40000 (which almost out of my hand). Unfortunately, I cannot join in because I will compete in the National Technology Student Associate Compettition in April. Anyone who concerns should contact the school&#39;s office, perhaps they can help some more.

VietAbroader
    Thanks

That&#39;s a crazy competition for VNeses lol&#33;&#33;

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Smooth Designer, can you tell me about the National Techonoly you are going to compete in April ? How to qualify to compete ? website ? and other useful informaion

THanks a lot

Thanks

Originally posted by NTV@Jan 4 2007, 12:35 AM
    Yeah, I agree that most of the scholarship are available for domestic applicants only, but some of them stated that if we attend a US college/uni, we can be eligible as their requirements. So, don&#39;t give up yet and look further into the one that you seem fit.

Em thì cứ đăng ký tứa vào fastweb lấy địa chỉ dorm và trường em học đồng thời em vẫn khai em là international student, thấy fastweb nó vẫn chấp nhận và nó đưa thông tin những cuộc thi có giải em tham gia có được khg chị? :p
    QUÁ KIM MÔN KIỀU

Hàn, Vân, Sơn thượng hội
    Nguyệt ảnh tịnh loan tâm
    Trường kiều tư bất đoạn
    Ly quốc độc hoài ngâm!

Thanks

Chị nghĩ được, nhưng đa phần các scholarship này nói rõ là em phải "planning to attend a credited uni/college in the US" mới được hợp lệ để apply. Nghĩa là em phải là high school senior hoặc em sẽ chắc chắn học ở 1 trường Mĩ (có admission thì càng tốt) mới eligible.

Làm senior mệt nhưng được lợi là cái gì cũng dành phần được hết

Thanks

Lúc em đăng ký em chỉ để là junior thôi và vẫn điền luôn một số uni và college mà em thích (chứ khg phải senior như chị bảo) nhưng em vẫn điền các loại điểm SAT và ACT mà nó vẫn cho em vào những cuộc thi của nó? Thế cứ gửi essay thi chị nhỉ?
    QUÁ KIM MÔN KIỀU

Hàn, Vân, Sơn thượng hội
    Nguyệt ảnh tịnh loan tâm
    Trường kiều tư bất đoạn
    Ly quốc độc hoài ngâm!

Thanks

Originally posted by ntcuong@Jan 4 2007, 05:18 PM
    Smooth Designer, can you tell me about the National Techonoly you are going to compete in April ? How to qualify to compete ? website ? and other useful informaion

THanks a lot
    @ jack_cla: It is not a crazy choice after all, since you guys have just finished studying SAT I right? Go for it though...
    Dear ntcuong: the TSA Club is available in some states in US. My is the Georgia National TSA. You can go to Google and search for Technology Student Associate for more information. This April, I will complete in the field of Architecture Drafting, 2D and 3D Design; which related much about my major. Good luck&#33;
    P/S: this is a very good option if you want to go to some very rigorous Engineering Institute like MIT, I myself have earned the title of National TSA member, and hope that I can win some award in the Competition in April.
    (I first plan to go to MIT, then... I finally found out that MIT don&#39;t offer Bachelor Degree for my major Shame on me. Well, MIT, must wait till I reach Gradutate Degree).

Thanks

SCHOLARSHIPS FOR UNUSUAL TALENTS

Source: http://www.fastweb.com/fastweb/resources/a...8c6cfb1ba2eb260

Bridget Kulla
    Shaquille O&#39;Neal earned a basketball scholarship to Louisiana State University. The 2005 Nobel Prize Winner in physics, John L. Hall, won a science scholarship to Carnegie Mellon University. But you don&#39;t have to be a basketball star or science whiz to win money for college. Scholarships designed for students with unique talents can help fund your degree.

Skateboarding
    Do you know what an Ollie is? Can you do a 50-50 grind, kickflip or nose wheelie? If you answered yes to any of those questions, you may be eligible for the Patrick Kerr Skateboard Scholarship. Applicants for this award must submit an essay on how skateboarding has had a positive impact on their lives. One scholarship winner receives &#036;5,000 and three winners receive &#036;1,000 each to attend the college of their choice as full-time students.

Rodeo
    Whether you&#39;re a barrel racer or a bareback rider, your rodeo skills could rope you a scholarship. Institutional awards, like Colorado State University&#39;s rodeo scholarships, are usually reserved for students on the school&#39;s rodeo team. Private awards, like the San Angelo Rodeo Scholarship, give students more flexibility in their college choice, but often have other requirements, like county of residence. Internationally-known scientist and cancer researcher, Dr. Raymond DuBois, won a rodeo scholarship to Texas A&M University, which helped start his successful career in medical research. He has called it one of the most important awards he has ever received.

Puppetry
    Pinocchio may not be your style, but if you have an interest in puppetry, it could help you pay for college. The Connecticut Guild of Puppetry offers the Margo Rose Scholarship for students involved in puppetry who wish to attend the National Puppetry Conference. Unima-USA offers scholarships for students with experience in puppetry to study at the Institut Internationale de la Marionnette in Charleville- Mezieres, France. Since puppetry degree programs are rare, most scholarships in this field are for private programs or for puppetry studies within a theatre arts department.

Chess
    Chess stars could turn their winning moves into money for college. Several colleges, including Texas Tech University, the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) and the University of Texas at Dallas, offer promising chess players up to four-year, full-tuition scholarships. The United States Chess Federation provides information on chess tournaments and available chess scholarships, both college and privately-sponsored. Casual chess players, be warned, these scholarship programs are often very competitive. "The scene is much more competitive than when I played," says Doug Kasper, who was invited to apply for a UMBC chess scholarship in 1997, "The landscape has changed dramatically."

Knitting
    If you are nimble with knitting needles, consider applying for a knitting scholarship. The American Sheep Industry Association sponsors four scholarships for applicants who submit a sample of an article of clothing they created completely with wool. To be eligible for the Bernard Steur Scholarship at Philadelphia University, you must be a textile engineering student with an interest in knitting.

Rugby
    Rugby may not be an official sport at most U.S. universities, but it can still help pay your college costs. Rugby scholarships are offered at New Mexico University, Texas A&M University, Saint Bonaventure University and many other colleges. Playing rugby can also send you abroad. The Center for International Studies offers a rugby study abroad program for students to study for one or two semesters in Wellington, New Zealand and play in a local rugby club. A &#036;500 scholarship is available to make this program more affordable. Check with USA Rugby for more rugby scholarships.

Your Own Research
    Could your unique talent or unusual hobby help you land a scholarship? Maybe. Try looking for organizations that coordinate or support the activity on a regional, national or international level. You might be surprised what a simple Google search will produce.

Finally, make sure your FastWeb profile is complete and reflects your current interests. Then check out your scholarship results for a set of awards that are unique to you.

VietAbroader
    Thanks

When i created an account on FastWeb, I already checked the box indicating that I&#39;m an international student. Therefore I only receive those scholarhips that are available for international students.

(I double checked before and saw that most of the scholarships appeared on my list were avaible for international students.)

So you guys might want to check to make sure that you clearly indicate yourself as "international".

Thanks

I strongly recommend this program because they really work hard for your benefits. I&#39;m not sure about the requirement, but you guys should definitely check it out&#33; G&#39;luck&#33;

Thank you for applying to last year&#39;s QuestBridge College Prep Scholarship. We are writing to you in the hope that you can help us connect with potential applicants for this year&#39;s QuestBridge College Prep Scholarship.

As you know, the QuestBridge College Prep Scholarship equips high school juniors with knowledge and resources that they need to become competitive applicants to top colleges. This year&#39;s College Prep Scholarship awards will include:

* Full scholarships to college summer programs at Harvard University, Stanford University, the University of Notre Dame or Yale University (10 awards).
    * Individualized college admissions counseling services provided by QuestBridge (50 awards).
    * Invitations to one of four college preparatory conferences that QuestBridge will hold on the campuses of Pomona College, Rice University, Stanford University, and Yale University in the summer of 2007 (800 awards).

Our scholarship application is:

* Free of charge (we are a non-profit organization).
    * Open to high-achieving low-income high school juniors.
    * Available on our website (www.questbridge.org) and due on March 31, 2007.

You can help us spread the word in either of the following ways:

* Follow the "Refer a Student" link on our homepage (www.questbridge.org) to refer qualified students.
    * Forward this e-mail to your friends and classmates who may be eligible, as well as to teachers and other community leaders who may know of strong scholarship candidates.

Thank you for your support in this effort. If you would like further information, please contact us at questions@questbridge.org.

Sincerely,

Michael McCullough, M.D.
    Co-Founder and President

Thanks

GIRLS GOING PLACES SCHOLARSHIP

The Girls Going Places Scholarship is open to girls between the ages of 12 and 18. Girls must be nominated by an original essay of 750-1000 words written by an adult. The essay should address all three of the following topics: (1) How has she taken the first steps towards financial independence? (2) How does the nominee demonstrate budding entrepreneurship or financial acumen? (3) How does the nominee make a difference in her school, her community, or peoples&#39; lives? The winner will be selected based on the relevance of the nominee&#39;s achievements to the theme of the contest, the significance of nominee&#39;s achievements and contributions and the originality and clarity of the essay.

Min: &#036;1,000
    Max: &#036;10,000

HEAR ME Project HIV/AIDS Story Writing Contest
    Provided by: HEAR ME, Inc.
    Deadline: December 01, 2007
    Award Amount
    &#036;2500 Awards Available
    Varies Type of Award
    Essay
    Website
    http://www.hearmeproject.org/
    Description
    The HEAR ME Project HIV/AIDS Story Writing Contest is available to students between the ages of 14 and 22. You must submit a story about personal vulnerability to HIV/AIDS. Your story may be up to five pages in length, can be either fiction or non-fiction and the characters in the story must be impacted by HIV/AIDS.

Brickfish "Design Your Portion of the Border Fence" Scholarship
    Provided by: Brickfish "Design Your Portion of the Border Fence" Scholarship
    Deadline: September 12, 2007
    Award Amount
    Minimum: &#036;500
    Maximum: &#036;1000 Awards Available
    4 Type of Award
    Scholarship
    Website
    Click here to visit the site
    Description
    The Brickfish "Design Your Portion of the Border Fence" Scholarship is available to students who are at least 14 years of age or older. To be eligible for this scholarship, you must design a portion of the U.S./Mexico border fence that expresses your opinion on the border fence debate. Entries must be original and submitted on the Brickfish website.

Optimist International Essay Contest
    Provided by: Optimist International
    Deadline: Varies
    Award Amount
    Minimum: &#036;650
    Maximum: &#036;6000 Awards Available
    3 Type of Award
    Essay
    Website
    Click here to visit the site
    Description
    The Optimist International Essay Contest is open to students who are under the age of 19 as of December 31st of the 2007-2008 school year (December 31st, 2007). To be considered for this award, you must write a 400-500 word essay on the topic, "Today&#39;s Choices Shape My Future" and submit it to your local Optimist Club. Students do not have to be Optimist members to compete. There are 53 District scholarships of &#036;650 awarded each year. Then 3 International winners chosen from the District winners - first place will receive &#036;6,000, second place &#036;3,750 and third place &#036;2,250.

+ Reply to Thread