+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you can start all over again...

Thanks

Default If you can start all over again...

...what would you do? what would you risk? what would you take? what would be left behind? what would be You?

I play my life safe, stay in the boundary, do the hard works that normally get you to places. I stay in one place, minimize the travel, save what can be saved, cook at home, wear decent clothing, drive used car, rent apartment nothing exotic. I study late at school, workout in school gym, play game online, pirate movies, listen to internet radio, things that don't cost. I socialize in school clubs but deny fraternity membership, volunteer but avoid parties, I trade the risk of having drinking, smoking, drug-abusing, sex addicting problems to have a conservative circle of friends, people who I drink coffee with but hardly visit or invite over.

but if I could start over

many things may stay the same because there are certain values that I want to keep. but i wanna go places where i dont know the language, read magazines by looking photos, eat things that give me stomachache. major not in engineering but piano, worry not about how to make money but be a freelance architect with "pure design focus". paint graffiti on my one room studio walls, owns a $4000 stereo system (thats how much my car costs). go to school in daytime, breakdance at night. wake up one day at age 30, no house, no career, no wife, no life, and write a masterpiece and die.

No, Im kidding, but what would you do? :")

Thanks

I would not do anything differently. Just wish I could have more time to:

- be an Engineering major
    - travel to South America
    - master another language
    Last edited by NTsquare; 04-19-2009 at 10:45 PM.

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Nghe như thể anh linkin là sinh viên gương mẫu nhỉ,kể ra nghe hơi nhàm chán thật.Nhưng chắc đấy chỉ là tâm trạng nhất thời thôi.Đến trường mà chẳng có hứng thú học hành,đi học ,làm bài kiểm tra,lên lớp,ra trường,đi làm,lấy chồng,đẻ con thế là hết đời con gái,mà lúc đấy là bà già rồi.hic hic.have a nice week !!!!

Thanks

if i would start things over, i would stay in vietnam, taking care of my godfather so I wouldnt regret for not being there when he passed away. I would stay with my first love instead of leaving without saying a word. And then growing like all normal vietnamese kids, carefree and enjoying life...

well, since this thread is meant to be a joke, haha, that's all I would do. But seriously, even when there are things I regret, i dont think I would change anything much except slaving harder and being less emotional about life.
    stay hungry, stay foolish

Thanks

I dont live differently because I think my life right now is miserable, I would live a totally different life just because it would be more exciting that way, think about it how often would you get that chance if there was really one to begin with? you would eat at the same place, drive on the same roads, date the same guy/girl? (the last part was a joke, )

Thanks

I would have taken things more slowly, but overall I wouldn't change much, which is the same thing as saying that I'm happy where I am now. To learn from past mistakes is to grow up.
    If I could start all over, I would still make mistakes (albeit different ones), would still trip and fall and get myself hurt. Since I pretty much paid my dues, I don't want to relive the past (and past pains ^^).

Thanks

I would focus more into one specific thing. I learned a lot of things but never mastered any of them. And I would come to American after finishing my high school in VN. Although it's cool here, I'm missing the wonderful time when I was still in school in VN.
    And like bro Linkin, I would learn and breakdance at night.

Hoya '13
    Thanks

I would do a lot of things I didn't do in the past:
    - learn to play at least one musical instrument (piano if possible )
    - learn another language, Spanish will be good
    - party more
    - not play computer games this much
    - read more novels
    - be more sociable and get acquainted with more people
    I even think about the idea of yes man now

Stand Still Look Pretty weibe_orchidee's Avatar
    Thanks

I would learn Japanese. If I had spoken Japanese well, perhaps my host family would have loved me. I sent one mail to them when I was in Tokyo, saying how much grateful I had been when I stayed with them in only 2 days, and yet I have not received any response. Whereas, some of my friends have received many letters, and gifts from their host families. That just makes me sick. Come on, all I have ever wanted is an email

Remember me ...
    somewhere beyond the sea, somewhere waiting for me ...
    Thanks

Default I wish I'd done a lot of things

I wish I had not taken so many things for granted. Many of them were lost and gone forever.
    I wish some events in my life had never happened.
    I wish I'd done a lot of things. I wish I'd said so many things to so many people.

Quote Originally Posted by coldsunlight View Post
    if i would start things over, i would stay in vietnam, taking care of my godfather so I wouldnt regret for not being there when he passed away. I would stay with my first love instead of leaving without saying a word. And then growing like all normal vietnamese kids, carefree and enjoying life...

well, since this thread is meant to be a joke, haha, that's all I would do. But seriously, even when there are things I regret, i dont think I would change anything much except slaving harder and being less emotional about life.
    I'm very sorry to hear that about your father.

VietAbroader
    Thanks

why i should do all over again when each day i have a new lesson of my life ? and why i should change if i can not face to face with what i did ? so how many time i need to do all over again to make my life better ?...
    with me, i learn one thing that tomorrow i can change myself better than yesterday.

Thanks

I would appreciate the people I have once come across in my life more...

Thanks

I agree with Justin, but I do have a chance to start all over again now. I will live in another country , many things will be different. But what I wanna change is that ... I would live my own life , do my own things , I wouldn't study something just because my parents want me to study but because I want to !

I'll miss you 4ever..

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Hella nah man, I'm not that stupid to start ALL OVER AGAIN. Whether you succeed or fail (right or wrong), take responsibility, step up to the plate and OWN IT. I'm very content and I've put all my shit efforts into every single thing. I've accomplished a few great things, I'm scared to start all over again, I might not be able to get them all back. Success is about owning your experiences, BOTH good and bad. Wouldn't I loose my SUCCESS if I start all over again?

Best,
    Brian.

VietAbroader
    Thanks

I would definitely change my major
    I would desperately look for an internship after my junior year in college
    I would start wearing contact lenses and make-up during high school
    I would pick another school with more good-looking boys

But anyway, my life has just started, there’s no point of starting over again
    It is nice to just sit and think about ‘what if’, but then tomorrow, I am probably staying in my office thinking “If I focused more on my work yesterday, I could have gone party tonight”

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anhtrangcva View Post
    I would definitely change my major
    I would desperately look for an internship after my junior year in college
    I would start wearing contact lenses and make-up during high school
    I would pick another school with more good-looking boys

But anyway, my life has just started, there’s no point of starting over again
    It is nice to just sit and think about ‘what if’, but then tomorrow, I am probably staying in my office thinking “If I focused more on my work yesterday, I could have gone party tonight”
    you, get back to work. lol (me too)

Thanks

If I could start all over again... I would

- follow the subject I love, Math, rather than English
    - not spend too much time worrying about my grade reports... and then maybe I would realize there was someone really really really really special going to the same extra class with me for 2 yrs much much much sooner... or perhaps we would be a couple now
    - not apply for that stupid scholarship because I am now still not ready to say goodbye to all the faces I love... If it really went according to this plan, I would go to PTNK and spend 3 years taking care of my family, hanging out with him.

I am wrong all the time. I made mistakes that could never be corrected.
    Sorry S.
    Last edited by Winbie; 07-11-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks

not a thing.
    or maybe starting reading books earlier.
    Rent a bike and a roller skater
    Bath us in the color of sunshine
    Take up sweet pumpkins from the Valley
    And plan, yes, to be surprised

That, dear, my Holyoke Range
    Asleep in the quietness of winter's clouds
    Wake it up, come and wake it up
    Let it in, let it be a part of our souls.

Thanks

i just wanna do it all over again. my childhood, my youth, my adolescence, I miss you dearly. I would love to put my manhood on hold for a bit longer.

lol. ~.^.~

+ Reply to Thread