+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Welcome VietAbroader New Executive Team

Thanks

Default Welcome VietAbroader New Executive Team

Dear VietAbroader members,

Trải qua 1 quá trình đọc application, interview, interview, và interview, cuối cùng VietAbroader đã chọn được những gương mặt tiêu biểu nhất để lãnh đạo và phát triển VietAbroader đạt đến mục tiêu của tổ chức: To Empower Vietnamese Youth. Những bạn dưới đây đều mang những tố chất rất VA: lòng đam mê, sự nhiệt tình, trí tưởng tượng, và lòng tin vào công việc phát triển VietAbroader ngày càng vững mạnh hơn. Hơn hết, tất cả chúng ta đều là bạn bè, anh chị em trong cùng 1 gia đình VietAbroader. Mình rất tin tưởng các bạn sẽ thành công trong công việc sắp tới của mình, vừa thú vị, có ý nghĩa, nhưng cũng rất nhiều thử thách!

Năm nay, VietAbroader quyết định làm mới "bộ máy" của Executive team. Tổ chức dự định sẽ phát triển mạnh thêm cả lĩnh vực đại học và sau đại học vì VA mong muốn các members sau khi apply college xong vẫn còn quay lại và cống hiến cho VA. Vì vậy, VA quyết định tổ chức sẽ có 3 Presidents, mỗi người phụ trách 1 mảng: High School, College, Grad School. 3 bạn Presidents này sẽ được supported bởi 1 team rất năng động bao gồm các Head của Conferences, 1 Treasurer, 1 bạn phụ trách VAPedia (1 project mà sắp tới VA sẽ mở rộng ra rất nhiều), và đội ngũ IT.

Công việc nhiều nhưng nhiệt huyết cũng nhiều. Mong là Executive Team mới sẽ tiếp tục cái Passion mà bao thế hệ VietAbroader đã đem lại. My days as President of this young and rising organization are over. Without further due, I would like to Pass On The Torch, to present you our new VietAbroader Executive Team!

Hieu Nguyen
    Executive Director of VietAbroader High School

Hieu is a rising sophomore at Bates College. His academic interests include psychology, rhetoric, public policy and law. He intends to pursue an independent major in Law and Society. In this upcoming summer, he wants to do research on the factors affecting the flow of Vietnamese abroad students' coming back to Vietnam. This research is a combination of his motivation for VietAbroader and his interest in public policy.

Hieu has been serving VietAboader in many positions: VietAbroader conference 2008 co-director and VAclub President for 2 years. Holding a brand-new and more challenging position as an executive director, Hieu not only wishes to maintain the success of current projects but also endeavors to build a strong community sense among high school and college students.

Chi Le
    Executive Director of VietAbroader College

Chi is a first-year student at Wesleyan University. She intends to major in Economics and Film Studies. She is a member of Wesleyan Class Council and the head coach of Wesleyan Math program for Middletown high school students.

Chi first got involved with VietAbroader when she served as Director for VietAbroader Conference 2009 in Ho Chi Minh City. In her new position as VietAbroader Executive Director for College division, she aims to expand the current internship program for VietAbroader collegiate members and address other needs unique to this group. Chi's ambition is to create and maintain a strong network of Vietnamese youth to make significant impact on the Vietnamese economy in the future.

Chi spends most of her free time watching films. Her other inconsequential interests include photography, Russian literature, religion studies, the New Yorker magazine, writing, frugal traveling, and eBay trading.

Minh Tran
    Executive Director of VietAbroader Grad

Minh Tran is studying economics and mathematics at Brandeis University in the class of 2011. Before coming to Brandeis, Minh completed a research assistantship in the economics department at DePauw University, besides working as a mathematics tutor and the treasurer of the Model United Nations club.

Since attending the first VA Conference in 2005, Minh has been motivated by VietAbroader’s dedication to Vietnamese students and its efforts to build a network for young generations. As executive director of VA Grad, Minh will focus on projects targeting Vietnamese college graduates, including careers and graduate school admissions. In this capacity, Minh strives to create a strong and far-reaching community of rising Vietnamese professionals.

Minh is fond of reading, solving puzzles, and working in the investment management industry.

Linh Hue Vu
    Head of Hanoi Conferences

Linh is currently an Economics Major and a Chemistry Minor at Wellesley College with an aspiration of going to Medical School and becoming a doctor one day. Beside academic activities, she dedicates what is now her third year at Wellesley to researching in a Chemistry lab that focuses on analyzing and synthesizing molecules with anticancer properties. She is also working as an assistant to the Financial Officer of Wellesley Alumnae Office, tutoring for the Wellesley Economics Department, and serving as Vice President of the Vietnamese Student Association.

Ever since her first exposure to VietAbroader Organization in 2004, when she was only a 10th grader, she has assisted in and coordinated numerous VietAbroader activities, such as VietAbroader Conference 2006, 2008, and 2009, VA Night, VietAbroader Business Conference, etc. As Head of Conferences in Hanoi, she will focus on developing the core conferences of VietAbroader, and also expanding them to serve other interest groups. She hopes to pass on the wonderful VA experiences she has been rewarded with to future generations of VietAbroader leaders.

In her free time, Linh loves to help others in every way she can. She also enjoys crafts such as knitting, crocheting, making small stuffed animals, jewelry, etc. During her breaks in Vietnam, she loves to karaoke and salsa dance.

Nhu Hoang
    Head of Ho Chi Minh City Conferences

Nhu Hoang is a member of the Brandeis University class of 2012, majoring in Chemistry. She became part of the VietAbroader Conference 2008 team and was immediately impressed by the enthusiasm and dedication of the group. Since then, she has volunteered for VietAbroader Conference and Business Conference 2008 and 2009. By joining the new executive team as the Head of Ho Chi Minh Conferences, Nhu hopes to see VietAbroader play a larger role as a connecting bridge between Vietnamese youth and the world.
    Nhu loves music (especially piano), books, board games, and hanging out with friends.

Tan Le
    Treasurer

Tan Le is an Economics major at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia. Tan is currently President of the International Club and Treasurer of Club Soccer at Hampden-Sydney. He was also a fund manager of Tiger Fund (a student-run investment portfolio) and member of the Student Finance Committee. Tan has done several finance and corporate internships in the U.S., China and Vietnam.

Tan has been a member of VietAbroader since 2006 and wholeheartedly admired its passing-of-the-torch mission to assist Vietnamese youth in educational and professional opportunities. In 2008, he got involved with VietAbroader Conference as a speaker and VietAbroader Business Conference as a sponsorship executive. Taking charge of the Treasurer position, Tan looks forward to working closely with the Executive team and Board of Directors to ensure VietAbroader’s financial health and transparency.

Tan is interested in soccer, billiards and investments. He is keen on a career in finance after his graduation in December 2010.

Dang Trinh
    VApedia Project Leader

Dang Trinh is currently a member of the class of 2012 at Amherst College. Dang pursues a double major in Mathematics and Economics, with a strong intention to write a thesis in Economics during his senior year. At Amherst College, Dang works as a Mathematics peer tutor and as a Vietnamese conversational partner for the Five College Independent Language Program. He also worked as a research assistant for Professor Wako Tawa in the Asian Language and Civilization department.

Dang attended his first VA Conference in 2006, and since then has kept a close relationship with the VA Forum. Dang finds motivation and inspiration from the enthusiasm of many previous VA leaders. As a VApedia Project Leader, Dang will focus on building this website; he wants to transform it into a self-explanatory, in-depth and easily accessible source of information on studying abroad in the US.

Besides his academic pursuits, Dang also has a passion for foreign languages. Dang is determined to perfect his French and Japanese proficiency. Dang is also a member of the Amherst Ballroom Dancing Team and enjoys the International Rumba and Jive style. Dang intends to work in a consulting firm for a few years before going to law school.
    New VA members, dont know where to start? VAPedia

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to megagear65 For This Useful Post:

baolong26_12 (02-26-2010), hitebor (08-03-2012), HPhG (01-15-2011), kenkudo (01-15-2011), KP (02-23-2010), Melancholia (02-23-2010), ngocanh9a (02-23-2010), PhuongChi (01-15-2011), playaamy (02-23-2010), VietStartUp (03-01-2010), youngblade (02-24-2010)

Administrator
    Thanks

Wahoo!

BTW, Hieu's pic is almost futuristic ...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khang For This Useful Post:

maxevans05 (02-23-2010), megagear65 (02-23-2010)

Thanks

Minh, I thought that after our conversation you were going to change your picture. I'm disappointed! The other one is SO MUCH better
    Congrats the new exec team! You guys are all wonderful!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuties View Post
    Minh, I thought that after our conversation you were going to change your picture. I'm disappointed! The other one is SO MUCH better
    No way, Minh's one is the best!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megagear65 For This Useful Post:

maxevans05 (02-23-2010), thminh (02-24-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuties View Post
    True true but I thought I gotta change my perfectionism, instead of perfecting one thing, i.e. the pic, let's spend time doing something else more productive
    Like anh Bờm's post above Thực ra là nhờ có bạn Minh Đức tay nghề cao đúng là dân photograph pro có khác. Thực ra nếu có Đức chụp cho cả team từ đầu đến cuối thì studio quality ngay ấy chứ
    Last edited by thminh; 02-23-2010 at 03:19 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khang View Post
    Wahoo!

BTW, Hieu's pic is almost futuristic ...
    thanks anh Khang. I am so excited to work with you guys!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by megagear65 View Post
    No way, Minh's one is the best!
    What I meant was, his OTHER picture was better than the own shown above. But everyone looks so pretty and confident!
    Minh: if you want to talk about wasting time, wouldn't it be Duc's time instead lol Afterall, he did all the airbrushing.

Thanks

Congrats to the new team. May we have a great year of badass-ness

@ Hiếu: đứa nào không nghe lời chị mà lại chọn cái ảnh kém xì tin thế kia =.=
    Guess what time it is - my time.
    You can check your I phone, better say it’s I time.
    I don’t even need a watch, I don’t even see a clock.
    Soon as a I walk in, it feel like me o’clock.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    Congrats to the new team. May we have a great year of badass-ness

@ Hiếu: đứa nào không nghe lời chị mà lại chọn cái ảnh kém xì tin thế kia =.=
    Em lúc đầu submit cái chị bảo rồi , nhưng nhìn lại thấy cái đấy mặt gian quá , xin tài trợ sẽ khó :p. Cái này trong hiền hơn, mặc dù là ánh sáng cái này hơi kém hihi.

Thanks

Congrats to the new team! You guys will do great. Best of luck.
    Go Buffs!

VietAbroader
    Thanks

Great news to us, members
    Congrats

Riêu
    Thanks

@Anh Hiếu: ảnh em chọn là phải đẹp hehee
    Ảnh anh MInh nhìn hơi giống Quốc Khánh táo quân nhỉ?
    Anyway congrats everyone!!!

Thanks

Chào các anh chị trong ban lãnh đạo mới của VietABroader. E là Lan Anh, đang là sinh viên năm 2 Đại học sư phạm TPHCM, e học khoa Anh.
    Các anh chị có thế vui lòng cho e biết địa chỉ e-mail của các anh chị được không ạ? Để e tiện liên lạc, xin các anh chị góp ý, hướng dẫn cho kế hoạch du học sắp tới của e. E cám ơn các anh chị nhiều.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lananh287 View Post
    Chào các anh chị trong ban lãnh đạo mới của VietABroader. E là Lan Anh, đang là sinh viên năm 2 Đại học sư phạm TPHCM, e học khoa Anh.
    Các anh chị có thế vui lòng cho e biết địa chỉ e-mail của các anh chị được không ạ? Để e tiện liên lạc, xin các anh chị góp ý, hướng dẫn cho kế hoạch du học sắp tới của e. E cám ơn các anh chị nhiều.
    À chị gì ơi, BĐH là họ bận lắm, có gì thì chị research trong forum, chỗ nào không search ra thì hỏi. Chứ BĐH họ quản lý chung, đâu có rảnh để giúp đỡ cho 1 cá nhân cụ thể?
    "Every time a newspaper dies, even a bad one, the country moves a little closer to authoritarianism."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to baolong26_12 For This Useful Post:

lananh287 (03-07-2010)

Thanks

Ok, cam on e nghen.

+ Reply to Thread