Tuyen Dung, Tuyen Dung: IIE Program Coordinator
IIE Program Coordinator - HCMC
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
The Institute of International Education (IIE), based in Hanoi, is seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual to staff an IIE office in Ho Chi Minh City. The job requires a broad range of activities related to IIE’s global mission and programs in Vietnam.
1. Assume responsibility for all aspects of testing throughout the year as directed by the Hanoi office – 40%
• provide test information to students and institutions via email, phone, and mail
• work with hotels for test site set-up
• coordinate the recruitment and training of proctors
• administer ETS tests (TOEFL ITP, SAT, GRE, and LSAT) during the week and at the weekend, if required
• monitor test-takers at all times to eliminate cheating; deal with cheating as necessary
• receive and return test materials in a timely and secure manner
• keep test materials in a secure environment at all times
2. Coordinate regularly with the testing officer in Hanoi to plan marketing strategies in Central and South Vietnam – 40%
• research the ITP market and update the Hanoi office regularly
• locate new clients; deliver presentations to possible clients
• make regular contact with existing clients
• provide professional customer service
3. Provide local logistical support for outreach and selection activities for the SMBC, GEFSL, and other scholarship programs during specific periods of the year – 8%
• Support IIE Hanoi in communications with local authorities, high schools, universities, and partners to conduct outreach activities and to obtain the necessary permits
• Check on the venues and set-up arrangements for various programs, including award ceremonies and information sessions
• Arrange local accommodation and transportation for Hanoi IIE staff
4. Assist with fall and spring higher education fairs in South and Central Vietnam – 7%
• Check on venues and assist with logistical arrangements
• Participate in the setting-up and follow-up of the fairs
• Perform services as requested during the fairs
5. Provide occasional logistical support for services for U.S. higher education representatives (Opening Doors etc.) – 5%
Reports to the Director and Associate Director of IIE-Vietnam. Receives guidance and day-to-day requests from the Associate Director and Testing Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or other relevant degree
- At least three years of relevant professional experience.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility, initiative and good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, to multitask, and to work independently as well as in a team.
- An advanced level of English proficiency in both speaking and writing
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and cross-cultural skills.
- Commitment to the principles and purposes of IIE.
- A Vietnamese national is preferred.
Pay rate: Negotiable
Application Submission: Interested applicants should submit a CV, a cover letter and contact information, all in English, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Institute of International Education
C9 Giang Vo, Ba Dinh,
Closing Date: Applications must be received by May 3, 2010
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*on the wild side*
Are years of work experience mandatory? I'm confident in my ability but will not graduate from college till May.
"It's hard to tell the world we live in is either a reality or a dream."